Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Search for Peace

I have been pondering Robin Williams death like most of America since it happened. It is truly heartbreaking. I think one of the things that is so hard for most of America to understand is how can someone who has everything that this world has to offer, who lead a good life, and helped so many people in so many different ways not find peace and fulfillment?

The quote that struck me most about the article below is the constant fear that he was living in. I think everyone can relate to that, constant fear and having to be on constant watch not to let the world get the better of you. However, there is hope, you don't need to live in constant fear, defeat, or depression. Jesus died so that He can fill that need you have. God made these needs in us so that we can turn to Him and be completely fulfilled, not just appeased, so that we can have joy in the midst of sorrow, and so that we can have that peace in the midst of a world that seems to offer no solace for the weary.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

robinbeard

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=52811

No comments:

Post a Comment